Many students have shown their interest in pursuing abroad studies in the USA in these years. It has become so due to the lifestyle it offers and the opportunity for the future that many students are willing to achieve.
Top Universities in USA
Most students choose to study in USA due to the fact that USA is home to many well-recognized universities. Below are a few well-known universities that are the dreams of several international students across the world.
|Sr.No.||University||2022 QS World Ranking||Annual Tuition Fee|
|1.||Massachusetts Institute of Techology||1||$50,000-$55,000|
|3.||California Institute of Technology||6||$44,000-$57,000|
|4.||University of Chicago||10||$55,000- $59,000|
|5.||University of Pennsylvania||13||$60,000-$62,000|
Studying in the USA has its perks. One of them is having a wide range of courses to select from. Universities in the USA are known to provide quality education for such a wide range of subjects that are attractive to several international students.
Following are a few of the best courses offered by the top universities in the USA:
Cost To Study in USA
The cost of studying in USA will vary according to the course you choose. The entire amount of expenditure will be based on two things. One would be the tuition fees. The second would be the cost of living.
The tuition fee depends on which college you choose and which course you opt to pursue. Below is the approximate cost of tuition fee that you will have to pay annually according to the degree you are going to study in USA.
|Degree Type||Average Annual Tuition Fee|
|Bachelors||$8,000 – $40,000|
|Masters||$10,000 – $60,000|
Cost of Living
The cost of living depends on which kind of housing facility you are choosing for yourself. Below is the average comparison of Costs according to the place of living.
|Housing Type||Average Cost per annum|
|Apartment housing including utilities||$21,710|
|Dormitory housing||$7,588 – $11,914|
You will have other expenses for books, stationary, food and transportation (based on how far you are from the campus).
Best Cities for Students
The following is the complete guide to getting your Visa to study in USA:
- Apply to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approved institution (start the process 6 to 12 months in advance of when you plan to study)
- By being accepted by a SEVP approved institution in the USA, you will receive an I-20 or DS-160 form. This is the required form that must be filled to apply for a USA student visa.
- The next step is to pay your SEVIS fee through online mode or offline, depending on where you are. Make sure that you pay your fee at least 3 days prior to submitting your US visa application. You keep yourself updated regarding the process through US Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) SEVP official website.
- Once you have completed the above procedure, you can book your appointment with a US consulate or embassy in your home country to proceed further with a US student visa application.
- Next, you have to pay the visa application fee, known as the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) Fee.
- Then you will be scheduled for a USA student visa interview that you have to attend.
- Visit the embassy or consulate website to check for all required documents that you need to carry for the interview (make sure you reach 30 minutes prior to the interview).
- You will have to complete the visa application form DS-160 online mode.
- Select the location from where you wish to apply.
- Make sure you have all the required documents needed for the application form.
Checklist of Documents for DS-160 Visa :
- Address and contact number
- Passport details
- Details of travel plans and travel companions
- Details of previous US travel
- Your point of contact in the US
- Family, work and education details
- Security, background and medical health information
- SEVIS ID and address of US school/program you intend to enrol in (as printed on I-20 or DS-2019 form)
Scholarships in USA
After studying Work Opportunities in the USA
|Area of Specialisation||Average Annual Salary|
|Statistics / Data Science||$103,930|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||$100,830|