The fall intake in USA, also known as the September intake, is among the most popular. It allows students to start their academic journey and immerse themselves in the vibrant campus life.
The significance of the fall intake in the USA can be attributed to various factors, including the number of courses offered, funding opportunities, scholarships and even internship options available for you.
The intake in fall 2024 means the semester period between September and December. The admissions for the fall sessions will begin soon, and if you are one of the students who want to apply for admission this season, make sure to follow our guide.
Getting admission into a university is not only about applying and waiting for the acceptance letter. Before you can apply, there are several steps to complete.
You must prepare for the financial requirements, pass the IELTS exam, get a suitable GRE score, and so on. Let’s find out these details in the sections below.
|Duration of application process 2024||November 2023- July 2024|
|Last Dates to Apply||June 2024|
|Commencing date of the classes||August 2024|
|End date of the first semester classes||December 2024|
|Popular Courses||MS in Computer Science, MS in Data Science, MS in Business Analytics, MS in Information Technology, MBA in finance, Executive MBA|
Top Universities for September/Fall Intake in USA 2024
The fall intake in USA admissions is the most popular among higher education applicants. The majority of the universities in the US that have a fall session and take admissions during this period have a similar deadline.
For Fall Intake 2024, we have compiled a list of the top universities renowned for their academic excellence, cutting-edge research, and diverse student communities.
These universities offer various programs in various disciplines, including engineering, business, arts and humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
|Universities offering Fall intake in USA||Tuition Fees for the year 2023 (in USD per annum)|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||61,671|
|California Institute of Technology||55,233|
|University of Chicago||60,552|
|University of Pennsylvania||60,042|
Pros & Cons of Applying for the September/Fall Intake in USA
The fall Intake offers many benefits that make it an attractive option for students looking to further their education.
You will receive a quality education that will prepare you for a successful career in your chosen field. Here is the list of pros & cons:
- The academic year begins in the autumn. As a result, around this time, most universities offer their flagship programmes.
- If you see the scholarships and financial help, the autumn entry provides more options for applicants.
- After being admitted to the fall intake, students will get more time to find internships and jobs.
- The fall semester is the most popular intake, which means that competition for admission to universities and colleges in the USA can be high.
- Many universities and colleges in the USA have limited availability of on-campus housing for students who enrol in the fall semester.
- Many universities in the USA have early application deadlines for the Fall semester, meaning that students must prepare their applications well in advance.
September/Fall Intake in USA: Timeline for 2024
The university/college application deadlines for fall 2023-2024 vary depending on where you apply.
Below is a detailed overview of the timeline and the key actions that need to be taken if you’re applying for the fall intake in USA 2024.
Though keep in mind this is only an example. The actual timeline may vary depending on which stage of the application process you are in currently.
|Time period||To-do List|
|Nov- Dec 2023||Research and shortlist universities|
|Take the required English competence and standardised tests such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, GRE, and GMAT.|
Prepare your academic résumé, transcripts, proof of English language competence, test results, letters of reference (LOR) and more.
|April 2024||Start applying to universities along with documents.|
|May 2024||Complete all necessary steps, including interview and documentation.|
|June -July 2024||Apply for financial help or scholarships as soon as possible so that you don’t run out of funds. Apply for a student visa as well.|
|July 2024||Begin preparations for the session|
Tips For a Successful Application Process for September/Fall Intake in the USA 2024
Here are some tips for a successful application process for Fall intake in the USA in 2024:
- Start early: The application process can be time-consuming and requires a lot of preparation, so it’s important to start early. Make a checklist of all the requirements and deadlines, and plan your timeline accordingly.
- Research the universities: Research the universities that interest you and ensure they offer programs that align with your interests and career goals.
- Prepare your application materials: Gather all the required application materials, such as transcripts, test scores, essays, and letters of recommendation.
- Write a compelling personal statement: Make sure that your personal statement is well-written, engaging, and tailored to the specific university and program.
- Submit your application on time: Be mindful of the deadline and ensure you submit your application on time.
- Follow up with the university: After submitting your application, follow up with the university. This will demonstrate your interest in the university and help you stay informed about the status of your application.
Applying for the fall session in US-based universities must be done with the utmost care. Since this is when the maximum number of universities accept students, your application needs to stand out from others to get accepted.
Make sure to submit your application before the deadline. You can opt for early action or early decision and regular decision window, as it will give you enough time to retake the required tests or switch universities easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
An accurate and impressive application is the only thing that matters here because it will get you selected.
Yes, you can work during the course and even after it is completed. While the course is ongoing, you can work 20 hours a week. After completing the course, you can work under the practical training system.
There are many top universities in the USA for Fall Intake in 2024. Some of the most prestigious ones include Harvard, Stanford, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
You can apply to multiple universities for fall Intake in USA in 2024. However, remember that each university may have different application requirements and deadlines.
The application deadline varies depending on the university and program. Generally, the fall Intake in USA 2024 application deadline is between October and December of the previous year.
The timeline for receiving a decision on your Fall Intake application in USA 2024 varies depending on the university and program. Generally, you can expect to receive a decision between December and April.
The fall intake is the semester between September and December.
Commonly, it is also known as the September intake. This time period may vary slightly depending on where you apply. The fall intake is followed by the Summer and Spring intakes, which start in January and May.
The September/fall intake is the most preferred out of all intakes.
The fall intake is considered the primary intake and gets the most number of admissions every year.
Applying for the fall intake in the USA allows students to start their academic journey along with a larger cohort of students, access a wider range of courses and extracurricular activities, and scholarships.
To apply for the fall intake in the USA, you generally need to research universities and their admission requirements, complete the application forms, submit supporting documents (such as transcripts, standardized test scores, and recommendation letters), and pay the application fees.
The documents required for the fall intake application in the USA usually include academic transcripts, standardized test scores (such as SAT or ACT), letters of recommendation, a personal statement or essay, and a completed application form.